Job Title: IT & Applications Technical Support Specialist (f/m)
Location: Melbourne - Australia
Salary: Attractive (depending on skills and experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent Position
IPS-ENERGY Australia Pacific Pty Ltd is searching for full-time IT & Applications Technical Support Specialist, who are experienced and passionate technologists, desiring a full-time employment role in which they can leave their mark on the business world. If you desire to work for a company that challenges you as well as provides opportunities for growth, while working with other talented IT Specialists – then IPS is the place to be!
What your day will look like?
1. IT & Application Technical Support to Customers
- Investigation and management of resolution of software application bugs and other issues (with advice and support of QA Manager and IPS software developers in Europe 1st and 2nd level support)
- Managing IPS software service delivery to Customers
- Providing ad-hoc technical advice and support to Customers, as required
- Data Analytics
- Providing technical advice and support to assist in the production of local Marketing/ Business Development /Sales presentations
- Support Business Development and Sales activities through delivering technical presentations and active participation in Customer meetings
- Creation of demonstration examples for customer trials and presentations
3. Technical Liaison, Training and Development
- Receiving ongoing training in databases, applications, script development, bug resolution and troubleshooting from IPS experts and ongoing development of own capabilities
- Liaising with IPS experts on technical issues, options and solutions for Customers
- Conducting IPS systems training sessions for Customers, commensurate with knowledge, experience and level of training received
4. IT support for company office
- Managing local office IT and communications needs and requirements (e.g. Telephone, Internet and VOIP SIP services, computers, servers, other hardware and software etc.)
What we are looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Systems/Management, Computer Sciences, Electrical/Software Engineering or a related field from an accredited university
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar position
- Strong understanding in business needs, data and process analysis, software architecture, installation, customisation and troubleshooting of software applications, database administration project delivery and technical support.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, clarity and completeness for all information, advice and support provided to Customers and others in the IPS Global group
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Team player, good analytical skills, commitment, self-reliance describe and passion for learning describe you as employee
- Electrical Engineering qualifications and EHV and/or HV Power Systems experience and technical Consulting experience is highly desirable.
- Willing to travel interstate within Australia 25 -50 %
- Basic knowledge and experience of C# and T-SQL
- Strong customer service, analytical, communication both written/verbal, and problem solving methodology skills
- Ability to understand, clarify and determine technical issues and root causes quickly, identify and implement solutions and resolve issues to the satisfaction of Customers in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and enterprise technologies
- Knowledge of VOIP concepts, network and systems administration and troubleshooting
- Computer Hardware installation
- Telephony Hardware/Software installation
- Software: MS Project, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Email (MS Outlook)
- Understanding of data exchange processes between the systems as well as the principles of relational data models
- Ability to quickly gain and develop understanding, knowledge and experience in the Power sector
- Ability to manage many detailed tasks in multi-tasking environment and ongoing and flexible prioritisation required
- Valid Australian Driving License
Working at IPS
- We offer an interesting and varied position in an internationally active company
- International career opportunities, focusing on each individual profile and supporting each employee to achieve their professional and career goals.
- IPS supports you for technical certification
- On-site training
- Security of a successful global company
- We offer you a modern place of work and scope for creative ideas in a young, dynamic environment
If you are interested in this role – please apply for this position with your motivation letter and updated CV, indicating your desired salary and possible start date to alicia.rodriguez@IPS-energy.com and I will be in touch to discuss your application in detail.