full-time position | Melbourne office (Australia)
The IPS-Global Group is a rapidly growing, international software systems house. We specialize in Electrical Network Enterprise Asset Management Software and offer power utility companies outstanding and innovative software solutions. Within our IPS-SYSTEMS™ Asset Performance Management Suite we provide cutting edge software in the field of Technical Asset Data and Maintenance Management, Protective Relay Data, Testing and Setting Management, as well as Asset Health and Asset Performance Management. The IPS-Global Group is a recognized APM (Asset Performance Management) software provider & vendor for Asset Analysis and for electrical power utilities by Gartner. We partner with many other enterprise companies and corporations such as Siemens, Atos, Accenture, Wipro etc.
Are you passionate about Power Systems, Software Applications & Asset Management? Do you want to contribute to the digital future? Then keep reading, this is a perfect opportunity for an electrical engineer who wants to join us as
The Ideal Candidate
A qualified Electrical Engineer with suitable knowledge, skills and experience in Power Systems and Assets and is highly motivated to focus on IT systems and software applications, who can rapidly gain expertise in IPS-SYSTEMS™ advanced Asset Management software applications for project implementations and ongoing support of those applications.
1. Technical Work
- Reviewing, interpreting and implementing Functional Requirements of Customers with IPS Team
- Providing technical input, analysis, advice and project deliverables to Customers and IPS Team
- Providing input to and work to Project Management Plans
- Provide input to and technical co-ordination for tenders
- Contributing to and participating in IPS Development team work, as required
- Providing technical support for Sales Demos, as required
2. Providing Application Support to Customers
Investigation and management of resolution of software application bugs, issues and Customer queries within the IPS Issue Management System, which includes (but is not limited to), the fol-lowing:
- Managing overall response process for internally allocated Customer issues and queries (including internal escalation for priority issue management, as required), to achieve effective and timely outcomes for Cus-tomers
- Participating in regular Customer Support meetings
- Proactively identifying and promoting continuous improvement in systems, applications, processes and tools in collaboration with Customers, IPS QA Manager, Supervisor/Manager and other IPS colleagues
3. Training and Development
- Rapid gaining of knowledge & experience and continuous learning through working with all IPS-SYSTEMS™ Software Modules
- Enhancing knowledge and experience and continuous learning of Electrical Power and other systems Assets and Asset Management and related Customer Business Processes
- Ongoing learning in IPS databases, applications, script development, bug resolution and troubleshooting from IPS experts and development of own capability
- Liaising with IPS experts on technical issues, options and solutions for Customers
- Conducting IPS systems training sessions for Customers, commensurate with knowledge and experience, over time.
THE PROVEN SHORTCUT.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- IT Qualification or strong technical skills and knowledge of IT Infrastructure preferred
- Experience with Electrical Power System Analysis and Design
- Knowledge of Asset Management, including procedures and standards
- Familiarity with concepts of Asset Maintenance Strategies and Protection Systems
- Experience with Application Configuration, Analysis Configuration and Integration and Interfacing
- Familiarity with Standard data models for primary asset classes
- Familiarity with IED Configuration for assets, ERP systems and or Network Connectivity Model
- Work Eligibility: Unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Strong written and verbal operational proficiency in English
What we offer:
- An interesting and varied position in an internationally active company, where you are going to have the opportunity to be involved in projects worldwide.
- Culture of trust, teamwork, empowerment and constructive feedback
- Get ready to grow at the speed of light and to take responsibilities.
- Your development – our commitment: career opportunities based on each individual profile and supporting each employee to achieve their professional and career goals.
- Working in our office is fun as we have a friendly work environment that allows for both collaborative team work and some focus time. Delicious coffee, various drinks, fruit and snacks are at hand. Offices are cleaned and maintained as recommended to keep COVID-19 from spreading among team members
- When we work from home, we follow a dynamic routine that ensures (sufficient) information sharing, sense of belonging (both to company and your family) and a healthy dose of engineering curiosity.
Does this sound like you?
Next step ➔ Apply!
If you are interested in this role – please apply for this position with your motivation letter and updated CV in English, indicating your desired salary and possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to tell you more about the role and discuss your application in detail.