IPS positioned highest for its ability to execute in the Niche Player’s Quadrant in Gartner’s October 2019 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Asset Management Software.
To accomplish this in our 15th Anniversary Year fills us with pride.
Since the start of the IPS journey when our company was established in Lindau, Germany in 2004 and from the first development of our foundation EAM Product of IPS-ENERGY™, IPS has been rapidly growing, developing and expanding in terms of specialised EAM advanced technology, software development, and sales and support.
Our ever-increasing Global Utility Customer base over the last 15 years to now leads to IPS having a significant global presence and Customer and innovation-led market and industry impact, which we continue to build on for the future.
We are therefore extremely proud, especially at this time of celebration of our 15th birthday this month, to be positioned in the Gartner Report as the highest for our ability to execute in the Niche Player’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Asset Management.
Per Gartner, “An Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) solution includes functionality for Equipment and component definition, managing, planning, and scheduling work, work order creation, MRO (replacement parts) inventory, procurement and invoice matching, equipment, component and asset tracking for assemblies of equipment.”
This Garter report “focuses on the needs of asset-intensive industries (particularly manufacturing, natural resources and transportation (excluding aviation, which is a specialized area — and utilities).”
Vendors included in this Magic Quadrant have demonstrated their ability to execute and completeness of vision.
Interested parties can read the report to learn:
– Why IPS is recognized by Gartner as a Niche player within the EAM market
– About the current state and future developments of the EAM market
Get the report here!
We believe, IPS-EAM™ covers the broadest range of highly-rated functionalities as a Niche Player1.
We continue to engage deeply with our ever-expanding Global Customer Base, currently mainly in the Power Industry Electricity Transmission and Distribution sectors.at the forefront of all of our leading-edge engineering-led development and implementation processes, thus ensuring your investment in IPS-EAM™ is “future-proofed”, with flexibility and adaptability to changing business and market environments and predictively and pro-actively meeting changing needs and priorities of your business operations.
IPS values our Customers and the critical importance of their networks and business operations and so we constantly strive for improvements and innovations to deliver the best Customer Experience and Value for all aspects, including needs analysis, project delivery, integration, services, and support, with focus on agility and speed to the realisation of benefits.
Just some of the other key benefits of choosing IPS-EAM™ are as follows:
- Provides you with the ability to define maintenance cycles based on any combination of desired values, such as time, condition, risk value, or RCM Methodology.
- Uses advanced analytics for improvements to your maintenance plan, such as removing maintenance actions for assets scheduled for replacement and replacing major maintenance actions with minor actions for assets in excellent health.
- Provides one of the most extensive master type libraries in the world, updated several times per year.
- Helps to reduce and control your maintenance costs through outage and maintenance optimization.
- Provides a unique and detailed data model for linear assets and the ability to define, track, and display the topological connectivity.
In the specialised “Niche Player” Quadrant, IPS has moved up to be the #1 Niche Player in EAM of all of the Vendors included, in terms of “Ability to Execute”
Strengths of IPS: (as assessed by Gartner and quoted from the Report)
- “IPS has a detailed focus on the power industry, particularly transmission and distribution utilities, which is respected by the engineering side of the business and can combine EAM, APM and outage management functionality as an integrated set.”
- “The product was rated high in functionality for 15 of the 18 functional categories surveyed, which was the best of any of the vendors assessed”
- “Customers in its target markets rank IPS high for overall experience, dealing with the vendor, contract negotiations, contract flexibility, understanding the organization’s needs, response to product questions and problems, service and technical support, usefulness of user groups and peer community.”
- “Customer references (in its target markets) rank the EAM product high for reliability of the software, overall product capabilities, value for money, integration using standard APIs, ease of deployment and integration.”
- “IPS includes a product data model for electricity network assets. This forms a library of assets that is maintained and updated for all worldwide customers, making implementations easier and faster.”
- “A high proportion (85%) of customers are on the latest software release, indicating good customer commitment to the product.”
- “IPS is expanding its partner network globally and introducing reseller partner agreements, which should improve both sales and support for the existing customer base.”
Contact us today to start your EAM Customer Experience of Speed to Value!
“Although there might be an assumption that vendors in the other quadrants are better choices for new EAM buyers, in certain circumstances Niche Players are just as good or better choices for prospective users. This is because they might focus on a geographic or vertical market that is meaningful to particular users or be focused on a market segment less concerned with on-premises delivery, scalability or complex processes. However, this focus alone is not a compelling-enough differentiator for a vendor to ascend to a leadership position. It would also have to perform well in other dimensions. Although some vendors in the Niche Players quadrant often have solid EAM solutions for a specific industry, segment or geography, they are not as broad as the EAM solutions in other quadrants.
Gartner, Inc. | G00376117 Page 31 of 40. Key Characteristics:
- Focuses primarily on a geographic or vertical market
- Not a generally differentiated offering, although it can have some unique capabilities
- Not yet well established and visible in the market
- Not a broad or deep EAM
- Market momentum and product or company viability may be in question