full-time position | Melbourne/ Brisbane, Australia
Software Application Engineer
The IPS-Global Group is a rapidly growing, international software systems company with headquarters in Pullach (Munich), Germany. We specialize in Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), Asset Performance Management (APM), Protection & IED, Network Model Management (NMM) software and analytics. IPS®SYSTEMS offers outstanding and innovative solutions for the Global Energy Industry and other industry sectors.
IPS was first mentioned in the Gartner report in 2018. A year later was recognized in the Gartner Magic Quadrant report for EAM as the best-performing niche player and Asset Performance Management among the best-of-breed solutions. We work with many other companies and corporations, such as Megger, CGI, Atos, Accenture, Wipro, etc.
Do you want to contribute to the digital future? The IPS-Global Group is looking for an expert
- Defining technical project scopes and schedules whilst focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organizing and leading project status and working meetings; preparing and distributing progress reports; managing risks and issues; correcting deviations from plans.
- Managing project initiation activities, which include the identification of contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situations, and necessary contacts. Gain access to existing information as needed
- Transforming Customer business requirements into technical requirements documents (Requirements Engineering)
- Leading requirements gathering activities, ensuring agreement with Customers and internal stakeholders on Delivery Plans. Regular grooming of Project Backlogs to ensure an appropriate level of detail is captured at the right time.
- Ensure cross-team coordination by assigning and monitoring the work of the project team, and providing technical and analytical support and direction.
- Planning and facilitation of the various agile meetings and artifacts, including sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives and daily standups.
- Interfacing with and supporting Customers on technical matters and issues resolution, as required
- Working closely with the product development teams to deliver solutions in an agile environment
- Researching, analyzing and collaborating with product owners and management related to new product ideas, solutions design, corporate strategy
- Supporting and training end-users, integration partners and other team members
- Support solution and product, configuration, implementation, testing and documentation
- Supporting and undertaking Technical Marketing and Sales activities and tasks, as required
- Supporting Continuous Business Improvement (CBI) and being proactive in developing, promoting and implementing CBI initiatives
- Performing other job-related assigned tasks
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious specialist in this field to join a successful, world-wide operating group who offers excellent salary, employment conditions and international career path.
- Demonstrable experience working as a Application Engineer or similar with a successful implementation of all project lifecycle phases
- IT Systems/Applications Degree and working knowledge/experience with electrical power systems and assets
- Ability to rapidly learn and retain knowledge and gain experience with IPS®SYSTEMS applications, architecture, and understanding of software development, implementation, and maintenance & support lifecycle
- Organized, proactive and able to deliver on Customer and Company Project Objectives and commitments and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrable ability to work with Customers and other stakeholders to achieve satisfaction and apply positive and effective influencing skills at all levels
- Excellent communication skills and experience (written and verbal English)
- Proven to experience in Agile/Scrum and Waterfall project delivery and working with PM tools (MS Project, JIRA, etc.)
What we offer
- An exciting and challenging position in a dynamic and growing business in the Australia Pacific region as part of an agile Global Group of companies that develops and implements leading-edge advanced intelligent software solutions around the world
- Flexible Salary Package commensurate with Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Culture of trust, teamwork, empowerment, and constructive feedback
- Your development – our commitment: career opportunities based on each individual profile
Check out our IPS-Videos!
IPS augmented reality with remote assistance
Does this sound like you? Next step ➔ Apply!
Apply for this position with your motivation letter and updated CV in English, indicating your desired salary and possible start date. We will be in touch to tell you more about the role and discuss your application in detail.