Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) is the largest electricity utility in Malaysia and a leading utility company in Asia. Listed on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia with almost RM 142 billion in assets, the Company’s more than 35,000 employees serve an estimated 9.1 million customers in Peninsular Malaysia.
IPS has recently implemented a world-leading Asset Performance Management System (APMS) for TNB’s distribution and transmission networks, with two separate projects running concurrently.
The establishment of the world-class APMS for TNB included the following critical and complex work by IPS:
- The functionality of data modeling for asset analytics such as asset health index (AHI), asset criticality index (ACI), asset risk index (ARI), asset cost, dashboard, reports and predictive analytics for transformers and circuit breakers
- Integration with TNB’s existing systems which are required for asset performance analytics, allowing near real-time monitoring
- Data modeling for asset analytics i.e AHI, ACI, ARI, asset performance and cost, dashboard and reports, predictive analytics, system integration, and real-time monitoring
- Impact analysis on asset cost and risk based on variable simulation of asset condition
- Integration with 3rd party GIS such as Google Map APMS provides the dashboard and reports view of all asset health from Google Maps. Users can view the drill down reports from Google Map dashboard
- Integration with Work Order Management (SAP EAM and IBM Maximo) with the ability to auto-create fault/defect/abnormality notification based on AHI, ACI, and ARI.
- Conversion/ migration of structured and unstructured data sources, which are required for Asset Performance analytics in TNB.
Within these two concurrent projects for TNB, IPS performed end to end integration with very complex requirements and configurations applied.
In the near future, TNB intends to extend the application of APMS on other asset classes such as isolators, surge arrestors, CVTs, CTs, and protection relays. IPS is happy to continue to partner with and support TNB in its drive to continuously improve and expand its valuable Asset Performance Management System in the future.
See some snapshots below of our intensive and successful journey with TNB with APMS!