Full-time position | Belgrade, Serbia
The IPS Global Group is a rapidly growing international software company headquartered in Pullach (Munich), Germany. IPS provides advanced, specialized, and valuable solutions and support to customer organizations worldwide to transform data into real-world intelligence for critically important business and technical decisions. We are specialized in Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), Asset Performance Management (APM), Protection & IED, Network Model Management (NMM), Outage System Management (OMS) software, and analytics. IPS®SYSTEMS offers outstanding and innovative solutions for the Global Energy Industry and other industry sectors.
IPS was first mentioned in the Gartner report in 2018. A year later was recognized in the Gartner Magic Quadrant report for EAM as the best-performing niche player and Asset Performance Management among the best-of-breed solutions. We work with many other companies and corporations, such as Megger, CGI, Atos, Accenture, Wipro, etc.
Do you want to contribute to the digital future? The IPS Global Group is looking for an Engineering Manager with strong knowledge and abilities to contribute to our IPS highly-scaled software products and applications. Someone who can guide our staff beyond our already high standards of engineering to the next level. Your job will be to manage, develop and grow a team of highly skilled individuals and support them with hands-on expertise in meeting our organizational goals
- Work closely with business architects and stakeholders to understand the business context, define the team’s goals, and support the timely delivery of software solutions
- Do weekly one 1:1’s, coach, lead and develop engineers in the team
- Own the end-to-end process delivery of software (you build it, you run it), including team ownership
- Create a healthy culture of collaboration, led by example in line with the engineering and company values
- Support product owners and senior management related to new requirements, product development, fu-ture strategies agreement
- Manage and design end-user use cases, back-end and front-end workflows, UI design and user experi-ence
- Research, recommend and implement new technologies, tools, and frameworks that can help enhance product capabilities, improve product quality as well as the team productivity
- Produce practical software and database designs that meet both business and technical requirements
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious specialist in this field to join a successful, world-wide operating group who offers excellent salary, employment conditions and international career path.
- Strong technical background with 5+ years managing software development and engineering teams
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in software development life cycle with both cloud and on-premise solution development
- Computer science degree or equivalent technical education
- Excellent communication skills and can work closely to align with other team leads
- Understanding, design and definition of software high-level and low-level architecture and integration ar-chitecture
- Collaboration with the IT and Deployment teams
- A track record of delivering influential software, preferably in complex business models and high transac-tion environments
- Strong leadership, planning, and communication skills
- Good command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Strong track record as a software engineer delivering high-impact software, with engineering manager or team lead experience
What we offer
- An interesting and varied position in an internationally active company where you will have the opportunity to be involved in projects worldwide.
- Culture of trust, teamwork, empowerment and constructive feedback.
- Good working environment and full support by helping you join the company’s culture
- Various benefits related to gym training, private health insurance
- Team building events and traveling
- Get ready to grow at the speed of light and take responsibility.
- Your development – our commitment: career opportunities based on each individual profile and supporting each employee to achieve their professional and career goals.
- Working in our office is fun as we have a friendly work environment that allows for both collaborative teamwork and some focused time. Delicious coffee, various drinks, fruit, and snacks are at hand. Offices are cleaned and maintained as recommended to keep COVID-19 from spreading among team members
- When we work from home, we follow a dynamic routine that ensures (sufficient) information sharing, a sense of belonging (both to the company and your family), and a healthy dose of engineering curiosity.
Check out our IPS-Videos!
IPS augmented reality with remote assistance
Our parent company, IPS Intelligent Process Solutions GmbH is a privately held software company with its head office in Germany. Our systems are highly specialized for the energy industry and, since our establishment in 2004, we have built a substantial and constructive network of Customers and Partners around the world. We are providing our customers with cutting-edge solutions to transform their data into real-world intelligence for critically important business and technical decisions.
The IPS Group has 6 offices around the world: Zagreb (Croatia), Belgrade (Serbia), Ljubljana (Slovenia), Indianapolis (USA), Dubai (UAE) and Melbourne (Australia). For this reason, we can draw from a diverse pool of experience and a broad horizon. We are continuously growing with the goal to offer our Customers the best possible solutions and services which substantially match their needs and guarantee a sustainable process. Our mission is to create an immediate digital future for Global Energy Supply and our vision is to develop software intelligence for a better tomorrow.
Does this sound like you?
Next step ➔ Apply!
Apply for this position with your motivation letter and CV in English, indicating your desired salary and possible start date. We will be in touch to tell you more about the role and discuss your application in detail.